Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: OT: Ear Infections

  1. #11
    Ashley1972
    Guest Ashley1972's Avatar

    Post

    My little one likes Sudafed grape. It's pretty sweet, though. Robitussin usually has a bad taste.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Melissa*Olivia's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 22nd, 2005
    Posts
    515
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks, Lonie!! We need/take medicine so infrequently that I don't really know what's what.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2002
    Posts
    781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just be careful not to give her more than one medication that has acetamonophen in it--too much can cause liver damage.
    Joy

  4. #14
    HB Forum Owner moderator's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 20th, 1999
    Posts
    952
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Once, when I was younger, my parents didn't take me to the doctor when I had an ear infection. My ear drum ended up bursting. So please be careful and do take her to the doctor.

    Have you tried visiting an MD, board-certified allergist for allergy testing? I used to have chronic ear infections. It turns out I have a bunch of allergies. I've only had, I think, one ear infection since finding out about my allergies (and avoiding them) 13 years ago. It is a huge relief! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    I hope she feels better soon. It's no fun to be sick on holidays. Take care.

    <font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ April 15, 2006 11:47 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

  5. #15
    HB Forum Owner OSusannah's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    939
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Ashley's Mommy:
    My little one likes Sudafed grape. It's pretty sweet, though. Robitussin usually has a bad taste.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This is probably too late, but Sudafed is a decongestant, not an antihistamine. Robitussin is for thinning mucus so that you can cough it up. (sorry, yuck)

    Benadryl is our favorite antihistamine, but the little girls aren't too crazy about the liquid.

    Too many allergies here...

  6. #16
    MapleLeaf
    Guest MapleLeaf's Avatar

    Post

    I had several earaches when I was younger. My mom would heat up about a teaspoon of olive oil just till it was warm. Then she would dip a small piece from a cotton ball into the oil and squeeze out any excess. Then she would carefully insert it into my ear. Make sure it's visible and you are able to remove it later.
    This always helped with ear pain.
    Nia [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •